I hope everyone is enjoying the new year. A few weeks ago I was surprised to have been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award. I most sincerely thank Magicandbeauty for nominating me for this award. Her blog is outstanding. It covers topics from home, beauty and health to travel, photography and books. Please check it out here.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Blogging community maintains several awards that bloggers use to nominate a blog in appreciation for its creative, inspiring, or motivational content. I’m honored to be nominated. The Sunshine Blogger Award helps bloggers receive recognition and exposure.
Rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so everyone can visit.
- Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog post.
- List the rules and display the Award logo on your blog post.
Questions posed and my answers
- How long have you been blogging? My first post was at the end of 2015.
- Why do you like blogging? Learning new things, staying busy, and ‘meeting’ fantastic people.
- Do you like interacting with your followers in the comments section? Most definitely.
- Do you prefer blogging or social media. With blogging I don’t have much time for social media. I must like blogging more.
- Do you like being nominated for blogger awards? This is my first (hopefully not only) nomination, and it’s a great experience.
- Do you plan on blogging for a long time? I don’t know. Creativity, writing and proofreading are not my strengths. I’ve enjoyed the challenge so far.
- What is the best accomplishment or satisfaction you have had through your blogging? Being nominated for a blogging award was very surprising and satisfying.
- Have you ever blogged about very controversial topics? Just a few times. I’d like to do more of that.
- As a blogger, do you think that there should be more bloggers than Facebook addicts? I’m becoming disillusioned with Facebook’s indifference to being a tool of foreign powers seeking to influence American democracy. (Did I just blog about a controversial subject?)
- Do you like html and have you created a code of your own? Answer: Huh?
- What do you think about live blogging, video, podcast? Those options are probably great for making money.
New Questions for the Nominees
- Why do you blog?
- In your view, what makes a truly great post?
- What is hardest about blogging for you?
- What airline, if any, is your favorite?
- Hotel, B & B, or AirB&B?
- Have you ever deleted a comment, and if so, why?
- How do you like to spend time when not blogging?
- What type(s) of music do you like?
- If you could pick three people to have lunch with, who would you choose?
- What sports team is your favorite, if any?
- Have you previously been nominated for a blogging award? If so, which ones?
I thank all of my followers who have been kind enough to read, think about, like and comment on my posts in spite of my shortcomings. I’m slowly learning and improving. Your suggestions and tips are always welcome.
Good luck to all of the nominees! Enjoy their fantastic blogs!