Debby Winter surprised me with a Liebster Award nomination. Debby runs an amazing blog, Best SEO Services, that pertains to the complicated world of search engine optimization (SEO). Debby is a very knowledgeable and committed blogger who discusses services, tools and software to increase visibility and traffic on search engines. I am very grateful for this nomination and recognition. Thank you Debby very much. Please visit her website to see what it is all about.
I’ve heard of the German word liebchen but not liebster. I looked it up and the meanings are similar. Accordingly, in the spirit of love and respect, I accept this award and pass it on to others in the blogging community.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Share 11 facts about yourself & mention 3 blog articles
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you
- Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!
- Make up 11 questions to ask your nominees
- Notify your 11 nominees
Facts About Me
- I was on the tennis team in college but golf is the sport I enjoy most now. Even though I’m a lousy golfer, I hope to live long enough and improve enough to shoot a score equal to my age.
- Latin dance became a passion even before Dancing With the Stars. My favorite dance was salsa but now its kizomba because it is not as frenetic and there is more connection with my partner.
- As a child I had a severe cat allergy. The allergy miraculously vanished when my son and wife brought one into our household.
- There are many forms of dyslexia, and I think I have the kind that makes typing and proofreading difficult.
- I like travel. I know. Newsflash, right.
- Growing up I played clarinet and viola and sang in school music groups. Now the only thing I play is the radio.
- Mountains and mountain climbing fascinate me in spite of a substantial fear of heights.
- I am a pilot. In an airplane I have no fear of heights or flying. Crashing scares the hell out of me.
Selected Blog Articles
Liebster rules require mentioning three blog posts. I have been privileged to fly first class on airlines like Cathay Pacific, ANA, and Japan Airlines and enjoy over-the-top first class lounges like Qatar Airways’ Al Safwa lounge. My favorite posts are about doing things at a destination. Bellow are posts about Machu Picchu, flying gliders, and Sakura season in Japan. I’ll also mention a post about an Etihad A380 flight in the first class apartments with an onboard shower.
1) What is in your opinion the best SEO software currently on the market? If you haven’t used SEO software, how informed are you about SEO services and software? I admit ignorance of SEO services and software.
2) If you could eat as much food as you wanted without ever getting full or fat, which food would you choose? What is your favorite restaurant? Lobster Mac & Cheese. Nahm, Bangkok.
3) If your pet could talk, what would it say to you? I have no pets because of the amount of travel. I wouldn’t want to leave them alone or in a kennel.
4) What is the weirdest thing you have ever seen someone do? I can’t think of examples off hand. I put a 200 pound python on my shoulders. That was weird because I hate snakes.
5) If you had enough money that you never needed to work again, what would you do with your time? Easy. Travel more and fly my own airplane when at home.
6) Name three of your favorite songs? Carnival. Suavemente. Smooth.
7) Name three of your favorite books? Mrs. Coverlet’s Magicians. The Audacity of Hope. The DaVinci Code.
8) Would you lie to your friend or spouse for a large sum of money? How much? It depends. The bigger the lie, the larger the sum of money required. Some small lies I throw in for free. 🙂 Lies require a good memory, and my memory isn’t good enough to lie successfully.
9) If you had $10.000 to spend on whatever you like, what would you do with the money? See answer to No. 5.
10) If you would be granted one wish of any kind, what would you wish for? Youth.
11) Who has been the biggest example in your life? Why? Good question. Long answer. My mother. A black woman who graduated from college in the 1940s, she endured indignities and injustices no one should bear like having her first born die in her arms when a white hospital refused treatment and sent her to the only Black doctor in town who happened to be out of town making house calls. Imagine. Adversity made her strong and independent. She didn’t kowtow to the authorities and the status quo. She would gladly give people a piece of her mind and in colorful language when the situation warranted.
I have taken part in a couple of award posts. Of the blogs I nominated about 10% participated. I follow scores of great blogs. It is hard to know which ones might be tickled at a nomination. I am nominating the people below who have very interesting blogs that I recently started following and inviting anyone else who reads this post to feel free to participate as well.
Questions For My Nominees
- When did you start blogging and why?
- What is your favorite pastime(s)?
- Who would you most like to have dinner with dead or alive? Why?
- What is the best accomplishment or satisfaction you have had through your blogging?
- Hotel, B & B, or AirB&B?
- Do you have a favorite airline? Which one?
- Do you use miles and points for travel? Is it something you would be interested in?
- If you had a favorite sports team in your city and you moved to a city with its own team, will you root for the old team or the new one?
- If you are in “lock down” how do you pass the time?
- What type of music do you enjoy most?
- What, if anything, about your life needs changing?
Apologies if you have been nominated before. I hope someone takes time out from regular blogging to share a bit about themselves. It is certainly your choice. Thanks.