I offer much thanks to Carl Batnag, author of The Pine-Scented Chronicles, for this Mystery Blogger Award nomination. 😄 An insatiable reader, Carl is a full-time, certified public accountant who makes time to share his perspective on his passion for reading, travel, and mountain climbing. I congratulate him on creating an outstanding blog and his recent five-year blogging anniversary. I humbly accept his nomination.
Mystery Blogger Award
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto @OkotoEnigmasBlog to recognize “amazing blogs that haven’t been discovered” yet. It is the original creator’s aim, through this award nomination, to “create a friendly community and build a link between bloggers in the blogosphere; as everyone gets nominated and they too can spread the fun by nominating more people for the award.”
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me
- I’m a “young” retiree, meaning I’m younger today than I will be in five years. Ha ha! Of course that assumes the pandemic or unforeseen circumstances don’t spoil my plans.
- I played tennis on my college team, but my best tennis by far was when I was in law school and not on a team. I haven’t picked up a racket in decades as getting worse was extremely frustrating. At my advanced age, I’m thinking of trying it again. I’m bad enough now that improving will be a cinch.
- Covid -19 has destroyed my favorite activities – traveling, getting together with friends and family, social dancing, and going to movies.
- What is your most embarrassing blogging moment? There are many to choose from. My most embarrassing blog post was about a trip to Bali, Indonesia when I lost track of the days (drugs or alcohol weren’t involved😄 ) and missed my return flight. Rebooking cost me $900. Ouch!!! Now I’m embarrassed again.
- What are the first three things you are going to do once the pandemic is over and all restrictions are lifted? Travel, see friends and family, go to movies.
- If you were given the opportunity to meet a famous personality, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you talk about? Tough question. I would say Neil Armstrong who I actually met many times and worked with to a minor extent when he served on the board of directors of the company were I was employed. Armstrong was famously very private and guarded. I’d love to have conversations about his career as a naval aviator, test pilot, astronaut and professor and of course the Apollo 11 mission which made him the first human to set foot on a celestial bosy other than Earth.
- Would you rather have a teleportation machine or a time travelling machine? Why? A time machine offers way more possibilities! I love history and am very curious about the future. A time machine cheats death. Plus from a philosophical viewpoint, I’m unconvinced that the person who teleports is the same person who materializes at the destination.
- Which movie or literary character do you most strongly identify with? Another tough question.
My Best (Favorite) Posts
There are so many great ones its hard to pick. Ha ha. These posts need more views, so please check ’em out.
And a couple of posts with my son and then my nephew.
Other than blogs that are nominated repeatedly, it is hard to know which of the great blogs I follow might be tickled at a nomination. Therefore, any blogger who reads this post is hereby nominated and invited to participate. There are some great new blogs from around the world who I follow and who follow my blog. Please accept this opportunity to receive the recognition you deserve. Have fun!