Do you know a teacher who could use a getaway to any of the 177 cities in 83 countries Qatar Airways serves? If so, have them check out the great promotion Qatar Airways just published a few hours ago. In honor of World Teachers’ Day, Qatar Airways will provide 21,000 teachers with a free economy class ticket from and to any destination it serves plus 50% off another ticket. The other ticket can be used by the teacher or a friend or family member.
October 5 is recognized as World Teachers’ Day. World Teachers’ Day commemorates the anniversary of the adoption of the 1966 ILO/UNESCO recommendation concerning the rights and responsibilities of teachers and standards for their initial preparation and further education, recruitment, employment, and teaching and learning conditions.
A limited number of promo codes will be distributed per country daily on October 5, 6, and 7, 2020. Check the Qatar website after 4 am Qatar time (GMT +3) to register. The allocation of promo codes will be refreshed daily at the same time. Terms and conditions and registration form are here.
Here is the registration form that went active at 21:00 (09:00pm U.S. Eastern Time).
Key terms of the promotion include:
- Pronotion duration: 5 October 2020 – 7 October 2020.
- Travel period: 20 October 2020 – 30 September 2021. All Travel must be completed by 30 September 2021.
- Promo codes are limited to 21,000 and are available on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to entry validation and review. A daily allocation of codes will be distributed by country throughout the initiative’s period.
- Promo codes must be redeemed between October 7 and November 1, 2020.
- Promo Codes must be entered in the Qatar booking widget at the time of flight search.
Qatar Airways is widely recognized as one of the best airlines in the world. I have not flown Qatar economy yet but can state that its business class is better than international first class on some airlines.
Qatar business-class meal.
This promotion is Qatar Airways way to thank all of the teachers around the world for their inspirational hard work and dedication to educating the world’s students during these uncertain times. It is also a smart way to use the airline’s excess capacity to generate goodwill and additional revenue while the demand for air travel is depressed. It will be interesting to see how Qatar allocates promo codes by country.
Will you try to get in on this promotion. Remember it is first come first serve, so go to the Qatar website when the promo goes live (04:00 GMT+3 or 09:00pm Eastern Time) each day.