A couple of days ago news network CNN posted a travel quiz that I thought I’d
plagiarize, I mean share, for a little fun. The quiz is divided into seven parts – Cities, Aviation, World of Wonder, Bridges, Food and Drink, Countries, and Famous Travelers . Each part has 10 questions. I’ll post questions for one part each day with the answers listed in a follow-up post the next day.
For a little friendly competition, I’m also taking the quiz. I will give you my score at the end of each part to give you something to shoot at.
There are many very knowledgeable and well-traveled folks among those who follow this blog. I hope this self-proclaimed “world traveler” doesn’t get too embarrassed. Then again, that’s part of the fun.
Friends and family can help but no Google! Answers, of course, are posted on CNN’s website. No fair peeking.
1. Which of these cities has not hosted the Summer Olympics?
a. Amsterdam; b. Madrid; c. Helsinki; d. Tokyo; e. Rome
2. Can you identify each city from its skyline?
3. The London Underground, or Tube, is the world’s oldest metro rail system. Which city has the second oldest electrified system?
4. Some nations have more than one capital city. Can you identify these countries by their perhaps lesser known capitals?
a. Brno b. Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte c. Putrajaya d. Valparaíso
5. In which city is the world’s tallest building?